Monday, November 2, 2009

Portrait of a Lady and a Tramp

I was relishing and basking in glory of the last post, perfectly content in having that be the first one that the world would see, but that would be selfish. So, I have created a tribute-to-us post for my honey pumpkin.

Make no mistake. This is the tribute post.

Put on your goggles or your face will be ripped off.

I present Exhibit A: a story from a British news source (doesn't really matter which one). In case they take it down, I have reproduced the epic story below.

--
Boxer dog adopts a goat
Thursday, February 28, 2008

With a name like Billy, this boxer was perhaps destined to be mates with a kid.


The pet dog has become a father figure to baby goat Lilly after she was tossed out by her mother.

'They sleep together and even clean each other,' said owner Katherine Tozer at her farm near Buckfast-leigh, Devon.
--

Let me take a step back.

"Hunh!"

(I'm not as young as I used to be. (Also, there is no step back like a James Brown step back.))

I was inspired to find something online worthy of my sweetie pie, so naturally I typed in the normal happy couple searches to see how we fared against the recommendations ("check, check, got that going on in spades, check, you must be crazy Cosmogirl!") and use the article like a bingo board (you draw your own conclusions (fine-- naturally, I bingo-ed the crap out of the Internet)).

So I had to go bigger. Like... Greatest Of All Time big.

"G.O.A.T."

Cycling through my google results-- results like the Ultimate Goat Fansite-- I found a pic that could express my boundless love for my one and only: Billy, the goat-adopting boxer.

I felt the love. But I also felt that certain things needed to be changed to better express... my world. Behold Avalon:


You see, it's very symbolic what I have done. The symbolic red lips and shoes. The symbolic tie and black box. The symbolic big yellow star. But most symbolic are the polygon happy faces-- why is hers a decahedron and mine only a pentagon?

It's because she is my better half (and here, we define "better half" as "my face only has half the number of sides n as hers does" (don't think about it too hard-- nothing romantic ever stands up to the light of reason (and it's because love is an impulse, unplanned inspiration huh-ha!)))

Baby, I would totally clean you. (And please immediately see above for boxer-goat-owner Katherine Tozer's comments before you clean my clock. (Romantic, right? Right? Anybody?))

No comments:

Post a Comment